Sunday 9 September 2018

Everything changes but School

 

                         

On Wednesday, my daughter moved up from Reception to year 1.

She's just like her Mother. She's also one of the older children in her year. That is probably why she is already responsible for managing as many departments in her family as I am.

It's probably also why she has already decided that when she grows up she's going to play bass or lead guitar or vocals or maybe all three in a rock band.

It's definitely why she feels confident enough to critique any films I create for my utube channel.

"Yes I do like the comic element but what's the real message within the message Daddy?"

1) She is also our self appointed chief communication officer. Mainly focussed on maintaining strong comms between her parents and her brothers.

"Mummy Jack's been a bit sick!"

"Daddy! William's doing a wee in the garden!"

"Mummy and Daddy don't bicker it's making us really sad!"

2) She is also doing some very effective freelance dental advisory work, specifically it seems, for me.

"Daddy your breath smells, have you brushed your teeth yet today?"

Her younger not youngest brother is already starting to look and act quite a lot like me. He's also the youngest in his year. He missed the cut off to be in the year below by 3 days.

This is why although we were very proud to see him in his school uniform walking to school with his sister this Thursday morning, there were also some genuine feelings of uncertainty.

Anyway here are the lyrics to a song I have written about it. I think it's somewhere between not rubbish and sort of okay. Apparently it managed to made my mother cry. It also made my wife smile and offer to buy me a coffee and a bacon roll from Greggs so there's some partial success right there.

I hope you enjoy it and if you had little people starting school for the first time this week I hope it all went well.

Love (I kinda feel we're there now )

James aka The Middle Class Wrapper





 Here is a link to the song in case you..

1) Spent the lion's share of the week hunting for two matching school socks and a book bag.
2) Have just adopted a no reading rule.
3) Would rather watch something.


                                               Conception to Reception (click for song)



From Conception to Reception 

 Come on it’s time for a change

Go and put your shoes on

Don’t forget your book bag

You’re year 1

You’re reception

You’re about 12 months after conception

You’ll find your peg

Then you’ll find your class

I’d go straight in

Let go of Mummy

Seeing you in your school uniform

Makes us feel a little sad but mostly happy

I was once where you are now

That nervous look in your eye

Show’s you’re being brave and trying not to cry

Take a deep breath

Find a toy

Just focus on the next step

Try not to fidget on the carpet

You’re being a big brave boy and we’re proud  of you

There will be other school days in September

But the first one ever, is one to remember


                            
Please come and say hello on Twitter, Facebook or Utube.


https://twitter.com/ClassWrapper

https://www.facebook.com/MiddleClassWrapper/


Copyright James Macdonald 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment