Thursday 27 December 2018

Wow! That's what I call a romantic weekend in Branston


Driving home for Christmas or in this case thanks to some emergency childcare from my sister and her daughter, a romantic weekend in Branston, Staffordshire.

The key to successful parenting and living, I reckon, is if you can manage to shoe horn a romantic weekend into the same weekend you are celebrating your wife's best friend's 40th birthday,dropping off Christmas presents and road testing the new family car.



Here's the link to the song in case you're not much of a reader. I hope it amuses you and if it does please like share and subscribe it. I'd also like to hear what you thought about it?

Was it "the lamest thing you've heard this year!" according to a man in Ohio, or was it slightly better than that? I'd love to know and I will do my best not to sulk for a few hours or crash round the house if you're feedback is not of the Ohio style.




Romantic weekend in Branston
Yes that place they make the Pickle
We left the children with my sister Yeah
Two nights of sleep will be sublime
And its been so long
But fingers crossed
You’ll see me in my thong
Two whole nights away
We’re Driving in a car
In a car without the children

Its gonna take about five hours
But we don’t care
The train was an option yeah
But it’s nowhere to be seen
Our hotel is near the fairway yeah
Get bare feet on stripey ground

we’re in room 15
With complimentary
tea and coffee
And I do my press ups
In the bathroom yeah
Cos you’re having a nap
Got ourselves to Branston
Its pretty close to Lichfield

That’s a very twinkly sign
Might come back on a Thursday
That food looks pretty good
Competitively priced

A two night break in Branston
Saw a tree growing in a hatchback
Two night break in Branston yeah
Get my feet in smarter shoes
Shall I order for you
I think you’d like the seabass
I’ll think I’ll have the steak
With a side order of something
Were eating just us two
Eating at a table
No arguments about Ipads
Or a thousand questions why

I take a look at the couple next to me
He’s got the same
He’s just got caught, just got caught
Checking out the waitress

Cold shoulder from his wife
That was poorly timed
What a school boy error


No comments:

Post a Comment