Wednesday 5 December 2018


Anyone with kids, especially anyone with a new born, who is therefore probably well in the eye of the parenting storm, will try and convince you that they can tell exactly from the slightest change in tone or key what each cry means. 

"Oh that's a semi tone up from a B flat, that means he's a bit cross that we haven't set him up with his own Instagram account yet!"

I may well be being a bit cynical. To be honest it's an approach that has worked fairly well for 42 years so why change it now. From my experience crying usually means I'm hungry.

Or

"I have a bubble of wind and am also still a bit hungry!"

Or

"I am sitting in my own pooh and am a bit hungry."

Or

There's a shadow by the window that's worrying me and  if there's any of that baby rice left I could probably go for a little helping.

Or

"I have teeth growing through my gums which is a little uncomfortable.I 'm also happy to tidy up that cake if you want me to?"




I hope you like the song which was suggested by two of my closest friends and their fabulous little boy, Kit.

Love James aka The Middle Class Wrapper


Here a link to the song in case you're more of a watcher than a reader.


If I’m hungry I’m hungry

I’m not too hot
or too cold

but If I’m hungry I’m hungry
Need some milk to sup
In T minus 2 minutes
 I’ll wake everyone up

No I don’t need winding
Or a nursery rhyme
Stop fiddling with scratch mits
You're just wasting time

Stop pacing the floor
Same deal as last night
We walked a hole through the floor


Don’t need my temperature checking
 Snot picked out of my nose
I'm a  big fan of this white drink
That’s just how it goes
Not quite ready for solids
Or some baby rice
But if I’m completely honest

That sandwich looks nice

don’t want patting or smooching
Stop wiping my chin
Do you want the rest of this rice cake
Before it goes in the bin

I don’t need my bum changed
 not too hot
or too cold
Your peek a boo routine
Is getting pretty old

I don’t need my bum changed
I’m not to hot
Or too cold
Life would be easier
If you just did as your told

Stop singing and feed me
I need my 1 a day
Who’s parenting who here
Can anyone say

When the student is ready
They say the teacher arrives
A lifetime of listening
You know what I want from my cry


No comments:

Post a Comment