Tuesday 2 October 2018

"R U A Builder?"


Having done a, one week, on site plastering course being trained by experienced plasterers and working alongside builders already working in the industry. I can now see there is a World of difference between a "Builder" and a "Rogue Builder!"

Actual Builders are far less likely to end up on "Crimewatch" or being chased by a film crew in a car park.
I've have also in the past worked for and also employed awesome builders who were polite, efficient and professional. This song is therefore in no way related to them. That said I have also employed people who...

1) Hid leftover rubble and rubbish under our house
2) Sold us turf that died within a month
3) Walked muddy shoes onto new carpets
4) Woke up babies with passionate but out of tune renditions of "Total eclipse of the heart!"
5) Boxed me into my own parking space.
6) Could talk a glass eye shut.

Even though it hurts my male pride to admit it,there are definitely house and garden jobs I will always need to get a professional in to do. That said there are also loads of house and garden jobs I can do myself to...

1) Save myself money
2) Get some exercise
3) Give myself a healthy dollop of dopamine
4) Get use out of old Marathon Finisher t-shirts

 It feels good painting your kids bedroom in shorts with a perished lining an  "I ran the 1998 Bog Trotters 10k" t-shirt while singing to the radio.

"Forever's gonna start tonight!"
"Forever's gonna start toni...."

"I'm trying to get Jack to sleep!!!!!!"

"Sorry!"

I hope you enjoy the song.

Love The Middle Class Wrapper







"R U A Builder?"

He’s not VAT registered
But did he fix it?
No! He made it worse
Says he’s a builder

Did he fix it?

Learnt it all on Utube

then made it worse
Driveways and plastering 


repointing too 

His labourer's are 15


Dave and Stu 

Dave’s blind in one eye 

Stu’s got gout

My son’s finally gone to sleep 

please don’t shout

More Cowboy than builder 

Did he fix it 

online course in plastering 

he’s made it worse

20 years man and boy

Language is quite coarse

Always wears a Stetson

And rides a horse

Started at midday

smelling of booze

Put down some dust sheets 

then had a snooze

Tex, Dave and Stu have so much fun

Inappropriate comments about someone’s wife’s bum

That taps on backwards

Is that a mistake?

Where does the rubble go?

It ends up in a lake
How’s he a builder

He’s got his own tool belt

That make you a builder?

Not really no

(Instrumental)



We can prolong any situation
I’ve just got to nip out to sign on
Can you quote it? No
It’ll cost you, why?
Cos I need a new van
Oh right

Beware of rogue builders
Will they fix it?
Cash in hand no references
Probably not

Get a proper builder
Talk to previous customers
Do some research
And view their work

Digging in the garden
Changing the bulbs
Impress your other half
and get the job done
 Can I dig it? YES
Can I change it? YES
Can I paint it? YES

Be the builder
Be the builder
You'll do a better job
You’re the builder
You can fix
Inside and outside
Back yourself to fix it
Give it a go
Click below to say hello 


Twitter @DadMissions2018

facebook @MiddleClassWrapper
Instagram-mcwrapper2018

Old school Gmail style


James Macdonald Copyright 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment