Wednesday 9 October 2019

Pull your trousers up. Sound of Silence parody by The Middle class wrapper


Being a Dad in 2019 is awesome and a genuine blessing.

It can also be an energy sapping,sleep deprived groundhog day, mine field! 
Maybe it's the general fatigue of being a dad of 3 under the age of 10? 

Maybe its from the stress of a huge mortgage that at this rate might well out live me! 

Maybe it's just what happens when your 40? But I often find myself in a heightened state of grumpiness with the general behaviour of teenagers / everyone around me.

Are they really that bad? 

Is live streaming yourself on TIK TOK while riding into oncoming traffic on a BMX just what passes for standard behaviour for a bored teenager these days?

It's worth thinking back to when I was their age because there's a strong chance I was as bad if not worse.

I hope you like the song.

Love James aka The Middle class Wrapper.

Thank you to Simon and Garfunkel for creating the epic song Sound of Silence." 


The song will be on my Youtube channel at 8am on Wednesday 13th November to watch it 


Hello earphones my old friend
I require your services again.

Theres a Wally sat on the bus,
Fiddling with windows
and causing a fuss,
his grievance with the World
is still a bit unclear?
But we can hear
The sound of a wally!

On public transport heading home
He's talking loudly on his phone.
Telling a mate about a made up fight.
Is it accurate?
Possibly not quite,
did he really dis his mum
for using his Man City plate?
He's quite irate.
 I don't want to hear this fiction.

In the bus shelter light I saw,
ten adolescents maybe more.
Children talking without grammer.
Baggier trousers than MC Hammer.
Telling stories, 
about their mate's friends latest hook up.

Pull your trousers up!
Why?
Cos we can see your bottom.

Was I so different at their age?
Smoking banana skin, was all the rage.
Made up stories that would make you cringe.
Constantly flicking my floppy fringe.
But my words, like those around were 80% not true.
They echoed off the walls of the chippy

I'm sure I also bowed and prayed

To the first guy to get laid
Huddled close under a chip shop awning
could make a story less boring?
Never let the truth spoil a brag that is mostly utter rot.
"She then did what?"

Sometimes it is best to say nothing.


ABOUT THE BLOG

Hello and thanks for taking the time to check out my blog,I really do appreciate it.
I have created this BLOG with the aim of amusing as many people as possible.The creative process of writing lyrics,parodying songs and creating and uploading videos to a Youtube channel also really helps me with my mental health issues.

I have struggled with OCD and intrusive thoughts for about 20 years. 
Swopping interesting thoughts about songs lyrics and video shot lists is a welcome change to anxiety about imaginary road traffic accidents or leaving the gas on.

I am also aiming to help as many good people doing good things as possible. 

The Middle class wrapper? What's that?

I love a LIKE and a SHARE but what I really love is some interaction. 

Please watch a song and say hello.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

James aka MC Wrapper

To check out and subscribe to my website
www.middleclasswrapper.com

To check out my Youtube channel 
https://youtu.be/yy8v0i4WBuI

To find me on Twitter
Middle Class Wrapper @DadMissions2018

To find me on Instagram its
mcwrapper2018

The lyrics and footage in this film are subject to copyright James Macdonald 2019

#soundofsilence #simonandgarfunkel #paulsimon #soundofsilenceparody #simonandgarfunkelparody #pullyourpantsup #cringe #grammarnazi  #dadsinging #howtodestress #middleclasswrapper #neverstop  #asbo #antisocialbehaviour
#topdadding #parentingparody #howtogetfitathome #parenting #mcwrapper #menshealth #mentalhealthawareness

No comments:

Post a Comment