Tuesday 21 August 2018

Has anyone seen my mates,I left them here in 2011?



I still have friends? I think I do? No I definitely do, at least two of those birthday cards last week were definitely shop bought.

Please let me be clear before I have to spend another night on the sofa under two damp towels and a man sized unicorn.I definitely wouldn't swop my present 2018 happy but exhausted Dad life to go back to my 2011 single, flip flop wearing, eating cereal out of a clover pot, drinking on a school night person.

That said, my experience of becoming a Dad is that it can be much harder to keep in contact with your mates. This is hugely ironic as it's probably the time of your life when you need their support and piss taking the most. It is especially hard if they're still in the flip flop, sleeping on a bed with no sheets stage.

"Mmm...wearing flip flops in the Autumn and no judgement sigh!!"

Anyway this is a song I wrote called "Saturday night's alright for writing." I mean these days all the days of the week sort of feel the same and what better way to spend your rock and roll Saturday night than starting up another blog.

"This blog is definitely the one...maybe!"

I hope you enjoy it and if there is a song you would like me to parody or a particular topic please let me know at middleclasswrapper@gmail.com.

We can be emailing friends which I think is even further removed than someone you've never met being your friend on Twitter/facebook instalips etc

Check me out with my matching gmail account woo hoo!

"Mmm eating cereal in a clover pot in your pants at 2pm on a Sunday double sigh!"

Hope you enjoy and even though you are actually a stranger, please don't be a stranger.

James aka MC Wrapper






Saturday’s night’s my night for writing 
It’s not that late have you seen my mates,
I haven’t seen them all year,
It's seven o clock and I’ve lost a sock
treating myself to a crafty beer,
Does my old chap resembles an ardvark’s nose?
Asked my wife but she don’t care,
Did the big shop today have run out fruit,
I ate a third of one pear!
Don’t want to hear your milk persuading
We had it with your cheeky grin!
Saturday night's my night for writing,
1000 words then empty that bin!
Get about as drunk as coffee stain,
Gonna set this blog alight.
'Cause Saturday night's the night I write,
Saturday night I write i write I write.
"Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

There’s too many words in that sentence alright
I'’m searching for an adverb to explain it right
A
bit of plagerism or a twitter feed,
Make a nice hot drink and I'll have a wee!"
A few of the noises that I especially like,
A sleeping child and a freewheeling bike.
I'm a 70’s child from the middle class,
My best friend’s bottom is as smooth as glass.
So Saturday night's my night for writing,
1000 words then empty that bin.
Get about as drunk as wooden train,
I want to get this draft done tonight.
Cause Saturday night's the night I write
Saturday night I write I write I write!
"Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

Saturday (X9) Nights to write (X4)
Monday changing beds!
Tuesday glass of red!
Wednesday pounding head.
Saturday night.
Still no chance of penetration,  
no tonic and we’ve run out of gin.
So Saturday night's my night for writing
1000 words then empty that bin.
Get about as drunk as a curry stain,
I want to post this vlog tonight.
Cause Saturday night's the night I write,
Saturday night I write I write I write.
"Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

Thursday, Thursday night learning foot locks,
Friday, Friday night balling socks,
which Saturday is my night to write.



Please come and say hello on Twitter,Facebook or Utube.
https://twitter.com/ClassWrapper
https://www.facebook.com/MiddleClassWrapper/
Copyright James Macdonald 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment