Sunday 19 August 2018

MC Wrapper: Bike Lane rage fest


I live in Saltdean and bike to and from my place of work on Brighton Seafront five days a week.
Sometimes I have a relaxed attitude about my front and back bike lights, but the guys at work have nicknamed me "Safety Dad" for a fairly good reason.

The high vis and bike helmet are always on when I'm cycling. Quite often when they don't need to be. I'm probably unlikely to sustain a serious head injury in the fruit section of the Co-op.
Their lighting is pretty good so they can probably see me pretty adequately without my High vis jacket on. That said, whatever you do in life there will always be someone there to critique you and tell you how you should be doing it. That's just life.I wouldn't worry to much if that happens to you. Keep doing your thing. The one opinion that really matters is the one you have of yourself. That's it.

Hope you like the song.

All the best

MC Wrapper






VERSE 1


I’m the MC wrapper and my bike’s specialized


I'm rocking the high viz with my chaffing thighs


Some people wear no helmet


Like they’ve nothing to lose


With their padded crotches


And their clip in shoes


CHORUS


bike lane rage fest


You whizz like a rocket


In you’re vacumn packed shorts


I can read the text in your pocket


VERSE 2


I’m the Middle class wrapper


I like cruising my bike


Keeps the waistline at 40


My calfs cassette box like


The benefits are clear


Fresh air feels great


Not to mention the seat


Massaging my prostrate


CHORUS


bike lane rage fest


You whizz like a rocket


It looks like your arse crack


Is sucking a locket


VERSE 3


The same helmet man


Is getting all angsty


spies two a breast


lycra clad silver back


Beating his chest


There’s a daily lecture


whatever the season


His rantings gone viral


For all the wrong reasons


I feel his heavy breathing


Scorching my feet


The safety advice was given


While he's sending a tweet


CHORUS


bike lane rage fest


You whizz like a rocket


In you’re vacumn packed shorts


Can count the change in your pocket


Verse 4


You scream mate I’m coming!


Oi mate, coming right


It's the sort of comment


To wake me up in the night


You’ll get a hernia,


Getting all irrate


Your puncture at the co op


Was a sweet twist of fate


accept slower people


They’re doing their best


And cut out that tutting


When see two a breast


CHORUS


bike lane rage fest


You whizz like a rocket


Have an image of your bum


Even when I try to block it



VERSE 5 


Bikes are fun


Mr Bike lane rage face


Your not in the Velodrome


This isn’t a race


ladies with no high vis


Are bored of you chase


I do Jui jitsu with that one


And she carries mace


Put that lane rage in check


There are children about


An example to set,


Not scream or shout,


This is the MC wrapper


Exuding some charm


Keep your smiles wide


And our bike lanes calm

 


Please come and say hello on Twitter,Facebook or Utube.
https://twitter.com/ClassWrapper
https://www.facebook.com/MiddleClassWrapper/



                                                        Copyright James Macdonald 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment